Master Bedroom Continues…

Guess what I got in the mail yesterday?
My Manderin in Summertime fabric! And I love it. I am going to do two large pillows of it on my bed.
Now I need your help trying to decide what to do with this….
Ughhh…  It’s gross right now. I want to reupholster the cushions and add some pillows.
So what I need help with is what fabric to reupholster it in.
I was originally thinking of my beloved betwixt
The only thing I’m not loving about it is how it kind of blends into the settee wicker and it doesn’t offer a lot of contrast.
So on the other end of the spectrum is this! Which would be a lot of pink but very “me”.
Thoughts?

56 Responses to Master Bedroom Continues…

1. The Downs Family Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 11:05 am #

I'm a new follower of your blog and I LOVE it! Totally the pink! Go with it ๐Ÿ™‚ I love the design on it and I love that it pops/brings out that pink in the other fabric! It would look great on that bad boy!

2. Bernadette {Chic Spaces for Little Faces} Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 11:08 am #

My vote is for the pink too. Very pretty!

3. Design Blooms Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 12:12 pm #

Lock Pink all the way! Im sure it would look so good! Would your husband be okay with pink?

4. Gina Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 12:40 pm #

The pink lattice! Totally! I agree you the green pattern is cute but it will get lost in the caining. Go bold girl! Haha <3

5. Kelly Krugh Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 12:44 pm #

I would go with the pink! Love your choices!!!

6. A Delightful Design Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 1:18 pm #

Pink is my first choice! It's more unexpected. Love 'em both!

7. Katie Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 1:26 pm #

PINK!!!

8. jandjhome Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 1:30 pm #

Pink all the way. Great fabric.

9. maria Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 1:32 pm #

I love the pink and think it really complements the floral pattern, perfectly…can't wait to see!!!

10. pve design Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 1:36 pm #

the pink would tickle my fancy, but the green is quite chic too. decisions…..are the hardest part. what about using the pink to pipe with or using the pink and then the green to pipe with?
    pve

11. Cathy Wall Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 1:36 pm #

Awesom inspiration fabric for the pillows! Pink for sure on the settee, love the green , but the pattern is too small. Enjoy your week-end!
    Cathy

12. Cassie @ Primitive & Proper Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 1:40 pm #

i also vote for the pink! the green, like oyu said, would blend with the settee's woven back and sides. also, i would suggest getting a firmer cushion that goes across the entire thing, rather than the two softer cushions. i think the one firmer cushion would clean it up nicely, too.

13. ashley schmutz Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 1:44 pm #

go for the betwixt! i LOVE betwixt and think the pattern would compliment the furniture piece so well. i love how it's bright, but will blend well with the room. i think it will make the mandarin in summertime pillows pop much more, rather than having them compete with the pink. either way though, the room's gonna look amazing!

14. nouveaustitch Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 1:52 pm #

I'm gonna be the odd man out here and say go with a flat bench at the foot of the bed vs the settee. It just doesn't seem to fit with the bed IMHO.

Ellen

15. Megan Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 2:04 pm #

Love the pink! I would paint the piece white. The last comment was a good point; you could refurbish this piece in an outdoor fabric and perhaps use it on a porch or outdoors in the summer if you chose to move it out of the room? Maybe it's just the photo, but it almost looks like those pillows weren't meant for the piece and it originally was one long more narrow cushion? Maybe I'm overthinking this. LOL. Love the pink!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

16. Hyphen Interiors Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 2:07 pm #

It depends on what is going on in the rest of the room, but I say pink!

17. christine {bijouandboheme} Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 2:16 pm #

Definitely 100% the pink!!! And I love love the pillow fabric- fabulous.

18. lisa Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 2:25 pm #

pink! pink! pink! ๐Ÿ™‚

19. Brittany {Gallery No. Eight} Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 2:28 pm #

Ooh love the pink! So fresh and fun ๐Ÿ™‚ Can't wait to see it finished!

20. Sarah Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 2:36 pm #

I love the manderin in summertime for the settee. I realize that wasn't one of the options but it looks like they were made for each other.

21. Caitlin Jones Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 2:36 pm #

My husband would never agree to pink! I think the pink fabric is lovely, go for it!!

22. Mrs. Jones' Soapbox Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 2:57 pm #

Paint it white! I prefer the pink fabric, too.

23. hollyG Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 3:06 pm #

Love the pink too Kirsten!!!

24. Jenn Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 3:16 pm #

Love the pink and I'm glad you're not painting it. Sometimes it's better to leave things natural!

25. Lisa Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 3:21 pm #

Pink for SURE. BUt you know me… pink is my thing!

26. Joi Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 3:28 pm #

The new fabric is lovely and perfect!! I am obsessed with a good floral print and you scored a lovely one.

I'm not totally drawn to either settee fabric you posted, but if I had to pick, it would definitely be the pink!

Good luck, K! xo

27. Simply LKJ Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 3:29 pm #

Love the pillow fabric. As soon as I saw the green, I thought to myself "pretty, but the pattern competes with the back of the settee", and I immediately thought "how about pink with green piping"…then I scrolled down and saw the pink fabric you were thinking about. LOVE IT!!!

28. starveil Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 3:31 pm #

I like the pink one better too. It offers more 'pop' and the green pattern looks like wicker itself (as I think you may have mentioned yourself), so that might really blend in the chair (unless of course you want to go with blending later on ๐Ÿ˜€ )
    ๐Ÿ™‚ I think Ashley Schmutz needs credit too, she is out numbered by us pinky's!

29. Nikki Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 4:46 pm #

I totally agree. I love the pattern the pink fabric has and it doesn't get lost with the pattern of the chair. Can't wait to see it!

30. Rachel Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 5:03 pm #

Out of the two options, I would choose the pink. But like others said, my husband would not be so happy with that choice. What about pulling a different color from the pillow fabric? Like teal or royal blue with white design? It would still be fun and bright, but not scream bachelorette room.

31. jamie @ kreyv Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 5:05 pm #

Have you ever considered spray painting the settee white? I think it would look really clean and fresh. If you ever did, I would go with the green fabric. If not, the pink. I love them both! I'm sure whatever you do, it will look a-mazing!

32. 40daysof Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 5:06 pm #

I'm going to say the green. I think I am definitely in the minority, but the pink will take too much attention away from the bed. And the bed should be the center piece.

33. Allison Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 5:23 pm #

I say the pink! I don't know what the rest of your room looks like but either way I think a fun pop of pink would be beautiful and it does also tie in with your Manderin in Summertime fabric.

34. kirstenmarieinc Saturday, March 5, 2011 at 11:30 pm #

Pink Rocks! I think you should paint the woven bench white!!

35. Laurel Hamilton Sunday, March 6, 2011 at 1:26 am #

Pink will add punch and contrast with the natural material of the piece. Pop of color – love it!

36. April a.k.a. "A. Liz" Sunday, March 6, 2011 at 2:30 am #

I am a fan of the pink (as most other readers seem to be, too!). The green fabric is fabulous and needs to be used somewhere for sure, but the texture difference of the pink fabric/setee design is better. Can't wait to see pictures!

37. Stephanie Sunday, March 6, 2011 at 4:12 am #

The pink is awesome, not just because it's pink, but the pattern rocks.. i want it =)

38. Gaby [The Vault Files] Sunday, March 6, 2011 at 6:33 am #

I would say the pink fabric, I think it will nicely pick out the same tone from the Mandarin Summertime fabric ๐Ÿ˜‰

39. modern jane Sunday, March 6, 2011 at 12:20 pm #

Yay for the pink! And I totally love the fabric for the pillows.. beautiful!

40. Bree@ 700sqftDesign Sunday, March 6, 2011 at 2:21 pm #

I think pink, but I would paint it white as well. It will pop more with a such a drastic change. Love your blog!

41. Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle Sunday, March 6, 2011 at 2:40 pm #

The pink is really fun.

42. Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair Sunday, March 6, 2011 at 4:44 pm #

Love the pink – you are right about the other one i think it blends in too much xx

43. Fluff your nest Sunday, March 6, 2011 at 5:11 pm #

I love your blog!! I have used the Schumacher green fabric before on a project and loved it. I think the pink will give you more punch. I also love the shaped of the trellis with the bamboo. What does your bedding look like?

44. christie Sunday, March 6, 2011 at 7:51 pm #

I love the pink, but what does your husband think about it? Mine would definitely protest. It's fun though!

45. jonalynn Sunday, March 6, 2011 at 9:06 pm #

Definitely the pink. Maybe you could spray paint the settee white, too?

Can't wait to see the "after"!

turnuptherad.blogspot.com

46. Sarah at Finishing Touch Interiors Sunday, March 6, 2011 at 9:38 pm #

pink all the way I think the fabric is so pretty

47. Silver Lining Decor Monday, March 7, 2011 at 1:58 am #

I used that fabric in my kitchen for roman shades on my french doors and window! I absolutely love it! I paired it with a bright lime/apple green and white geometric on my bench.
    ~Rachel

48. Silver Lining Decor Monday, March 7, 2011 at 2:01 am #

Weird!! I just clicked on the link for the fabric, and the other post where you have shown several different coordinating swatches is the green geometric I used in my kitchen! Great minds think alike ๐Ÿ˜‰

49. Kimberlea@SaVvyDeCor Monday, March 7, 2011 at 3:26 am #

They are both gorgeous but I personally LOVE the pink! Can't wait to see what you decide on!

50. Megan @ Lovely Happenings Monday, March 7, 2011 at 6:31 am #

I just had pillows made of the betwixt fabric! Love it.

51. classic โ€ข casual โ€ข home Monday, March 7, 2011 at 7:33 am #

I think pink also for the settee. Great choices.
    Mary Ann

52. casey at loft and cottage Monday, March 7, 2011 at 2:42 pm #

Oh pretty please pink!!

53. Naomi@DesignManifest Monday, March 7, 2011 at 3:12 pm #

Is the wicker staying wicker or are you painting it white? Sorry if I missed this…
    If its going to be white, I actually like bewixt better!

54. bazaarofserendipity Monday, March 7, 2011 at 9:14 pm #

The pink the pink!!!

55. Ivy Monday, March 7, 2011 at 11:14 pm #

PINK!

56. page Tuesday, March 8, 2011 at 5:39 pm #

How about pulling out the blue. I think it would look great with the camel color of the settee. I think this fabric is cool and I like it with the floral:
    Schumacher's london bridge in Prussian.