Giant Inspiration Boards

Last week I spotted this oversized linen pin-board at Down East. It’s this same pin-board from Pottery Barn.  It was on sale for a great deal so I snatched it up.
I’ve been gathering inspiration on how to style my new board. Here are a few of my favorite images.
via Angie Hranowsky Design seen on Made by Girl
via Domino Magazine
via Decor8
I’m trying to decide if I want to add nailhead like this great board from Green Street. Love it!

21 Responses to Giant Inspiration Boards

1. Whitney Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 12:18 pm #

Fantastic work! And what a lovely post — all those image of inspiration boards is getting me inspired to update my own. Thanks Kirsten and have a great Tuesday!

2. Bobi Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 12:53 pm #

Those are great! I just made one and I decided to go with the nailhead trim. I am sure anything you decide on will look great! GL:)

3. MEGMAC Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 1:54 pm #

Love the nailhead! Im also trying to figure out what to do with my oversized board! Would love to see some before&afters! 🙂

megmacdesigns.blogspot.com

4. Sarah Jane Curtis Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 1:59 pm #

ah…..inspiration for the inspiration board.

5. Lisa - A Room with A View Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 2:31 pm #

I love that idea and have been contemplating doing my own for a while now..it is a personalised piece that is unique, decorative and utilitarian all at the same time. Great idea!

6. besterk Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 2:50 pm #

I love this inspiration board I am surprise that I haven't never seen one of these before. i want to make one, can't wait to see what yours looks like! Go for the nail heads… I love it!

7. autumn Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 3:20 pm #

exciting! makes me wish i had a "real" office! the inspiration boards you posted are inspiring just in themselves.

8. Aspiring Kennedy Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 4:26 pm #

yes, the nail head really… hits the nail on the head? 🙂

and those giant scissors are great. i wish i could take them to the old set of willy wonka and clip down some giant gummy bears with them. 🙂

9. Stephanie Sabbe Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 4:37 pm #

I want one too! but I don't have a big empty wall to put it on

10. Ashley Slater Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 5:02 pm #

um, where have you been all my life?!?!? I LOVE, ADORE and will now STALK your blog! luckkkkkkky you. 🙂

-ashley
    Adventures of Newlyweds

11. Fran Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 5:28 pm #

Wow! What a great find – how fun to have a fresh clean slate. Thanks for featuring my inspiration board – it was so fun and easy adding the naillhead. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!! Good luck – can't wait to see your board complete. It'll be nothing less than fabulous, I'm sure!!!

12. Kelly Lokey Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 5:32 pm #

Studio inspiration for sure! I love the idea of "messy" organization!

13. Julianne Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 5:55 pm #

Definitely add the nailhead trim. It's amazing!

repurposedlifedesigns.blogspot.com

14. Roses @ StrictlyRoses Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 6:10 pm #

wow they are all very lovely and interesting. I say go for the nail head trim.

15. shirley slee Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 7:31 pm #

Its like emptying all the design madness in our brains onto a peg board! genius!!!

16. Kathy@mishmashmom Tuesday, June 7, 2011 at 11:33 pm #

For 35 years, I thought I was just messy. Thanks for helping see that I am not the only one with a crazy crowded inspiration board!
    Kathy

17. Jen of MadeByGirl Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at 1:36 am #

aaah i recall the days i had an inspiration board. I sold it…and moved on hehe- now i just have my wrt hanging over my desk. Love the nailheads one though!

madebygirl.blogspot.com

18. Cove and Grey Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at 4:06 am #

Oh my gosh! What a great find! I'm excited to see how it looks when you have all your inspirations on it.

19. Brittany {Gallery No. Eight} Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at 12:12 pm #

Love the nailhead trim!

20. Tiffany @ {Living Savvy} Wednesday, June 8, 2011 at 12:57 pm #

I love a good pin board full of inspiration! I just did one with nail head and I love the extra touch of detail. Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

Tiffany {Living Savvy}

21. Carmie of the Single Nester Monday, June 13, 2011 at 9:45 pm #

I have a small round inspiration board. After looking at these, I need to dream bigger!