Cresthaven Dining & Kitchen

Last week I shared the Living Room I did for the model home and this week I’m sharing the Dining and Kitchen area. Here is the mood board I create for the space.
Our budget for the dining room and kitchen was $1,000. I think I went over about $100 on this room. If we had been able to afford it I would have loved to have done curtains in here as well and add more accessories and a backsplash to the kitchen. I think for $1,000 I did the best I could with this space.
Rug: Safavieh Dhurries Light Blue Rug from Wayfair | I actually scored this rug for a little cheaper on Joss & Main.

My intern Kayley found these lamps on Craigslist for $25 each. I had the fabric from the living room pillows matched at Lowes to get that great salmon color. I painted them myself using this tutorial. I tried and tried to find new shades but we ran out of time. I find that finding the perfect lamp shade is sometimes impossible. So we made do with what we had.
Sideboard: Isala Sideboard from Ikea
Coral Artwork: Z Gallerie I don’t think it’s available anymore. We got them for $79 each.
Whale: Z Gallerie
Orchid: Pier 1
We got the table on sale at DownEast for $175! It’s originally from Pottery Barn.
Chairs: Ingolf Chair from Ikea
The barstools were a great find on Craigslist. We got them for $15 each!

Rug: Kite Kilim Rug from West Elm | We scored this rug for a great deal on sale a few months ago.

Urchin: Donated by Honeymoon at Home

Chalkboard Jars: Pier 1
photos taken by Jylare Smith Photography
To see other posts and rooms from this model home go here

, , , ,

24 Responses to Cresthaven Dining & Kitchen

1. modern jane Monday, July 9, 2012 at 11:17 am #

Beautiful Kirsten! I love the white whale, especially with the pink lamps:)

2. Shelley {Crazy Wonderful} Monday, July 9, 2012 at 11:43 am #

The rug in the kitchen is my fav!

3. berryfreckles Monday, July 9, 2012 at 12:15 pm #

Wow, I love everything about this design! Thanks for sharing!

4. amber wallace Monday, July 9, 2012 at 1:10 pm #

You did amazing! That's so much for the money. The whole sideboard styling is my absolute fave.

5. Lianna Monday, July 9, 2012 at 2:22 pm #

The room looks great! I love the pops of coral!

6. katieokeefeblog Monday, July 9, 2012 at 2:33 pm #

I love the green walls, perfect color, with the pop of salmon. What a great Craig's List deal too! Thanks for sharing!

7. Michele @ Moonfield Lane Monday, July 9, 2012 at 3:57 pm #

I think you did an amazing job for only $1000! It's gorgeous. You really scored some great finds. And I am loving that salmon color right now.

8. Laurie Jones Monday, July 9, 2012 at 4:25 pm #

The whole home turned out amazing and way better then any other model home I've visited, they alway seem to be to theme like and cheesy, yours is classic and beautiful! Again great job!!

9. Erin Elizabeth Monday, July 9, 2012 at 4:36 pm #

Wow beautiful – great job! I'd love to know this paint color if you don't mind sharing:)

10. Kristin Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at 1:38 am #

I just started following your blog & i love it.
    this year i am trying to make my dreams come true

follow back please & thank you <3
    xo, kristin noel

11. Lisa Mende Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at 2:51 pm #

Great job Kirsten! You stayed in the budget and gave the rooms so much style!

12. Brooke Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at 4:42 pm #

It's beautiful! You did a great job, especially for being on such a tight budget. I love it! Those lamps Kayley found are so pretty.

13. Holly Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at 6:08 pm #

Nice work on a small budget Kirsten – I think those lamps are perfect and a great find.

14. Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 3:32 am #

This looks great! I looove those coral lamps — the perfect splash of color!

15. wand coating Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 5:35 am #

This is my first opportunity to visit this website. I found some interesting things and I will apply to the development of my blog. Thanks for sharing useful information.

16. How2home Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 9:57 pm #

LOVE the coral lamps! Its super eye catching against the soft teal 🙂 Great work on such a tight budget !

• How2home Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 9:57 pm #

small budget…sorry lol

17. Jesse Peak Wednesday, July 11, 2012 at 11:52 pm #

I love that sideboard and those lamps!

18. cheap cosplay costumes Thursday, July 12, 2012 at 7:41 am #

Love the inspirations!The droplight is my favorite!Chic and stunning!

19. casey at loft and cottage Thursday, July 12, 2012 at 3:51 pm #

Love this room on such a tight budget! And I don't know why, but I am totally crazy about that whale. SO cute!

20. Anonymous Thursday, July 12, 2012 at 7:54 pm #

I love the coral lamps and the metal barstools!

21. I'm Busy Procrastinating Sunday, July 15, 2012 at 10:38 pm #

Yes … why are decent lamp shades so easy to find? So many ugly lampshades at the stores … so few cute ones. Target, listen up!!

22. Anonymous Friday, September 7, 2012 at 6:12 pm #

What is the wall color?

23. Anonymous Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 1:39 pm #

I love the colour you chose for the walls! Palladian blue! It is a calm colour that's for sure. I feel inspired by this room as it's not totally decked out but simple and classic! I bought a home and cannot afford to renovate but feel inspired after looking at your post – now I can use this to inspire my design for my livingroom/dining room! Thank you so much!