My Advent Calendar…a few days late.

It wouldn’t be the Holiday season if things didn’t get left till the last minute. I’m just a few days late on my December advent calendar. I’m just glad I got it done before Christmas! I’ve seen these paper star packets all over Pinterest and I wanted to make one for Jett this year.
Here is mine!

I love how they look with the “Oh Holy Night” chalk poster from Caravan Shoppe. I bought the kraft paper from Uline and I used this star clipart for my template.

I wanted to decorate each little star all cute but honestly making this advent calendar almost killed me.
I had to cut out each star by hand, stuff them with candy, sew them together, write numbers on them and then hang each one with fishing line. If I could do it all over again I’d just buy a pre-made calendar at the store. Next year….

30 Responses to My Advent Calendar…a few days late.

1. .....Elizabeth..... Polka Dot Skies Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 11:55 am #

It looks so pretty! I made a Christmas countdown for the first time this year and posted about it yesterday! It's never too late!
    Elizabeth

2. Laura at Simply Lowcountry Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 12:31 pm #

Wow! I am totally loving this!! So wonderful.

Xo-L

simplylowcountry.blogspot.com

3. Designology Interiors Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 12:52 pm #

Love this! Is it too late to copy your advent calendar? 😉 That chalk poster is beautiful.

4. Nat Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 1:30 pm #

Wow great job!! I am totally impressed! I thought about making one this year but it just seemed too overwhelming!

5. Anonymous Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 1:31 pm #

I love it!! Great job! So how did you hang your print up and where did you have it printed? I love that too.

Sara

6. LindsB Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 2:07 pm #

I just needed a nap thinking about all that work- woah! But honestly it totally paid off, that calender is so friggin cute!

7. Dina @ Honey + Fitz Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 2:21 pm #

It looks darling! I just posted my Advent calendar for Knox today on the blog and I totally know what you mean…just about killed me. But we got it done!

8. Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 3:00 pm #

I'm having the same problem – a bit behind in the advent calendar department. I'm with you, next year I'm going the pre-made route.

9. Jennifer Lee Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 3:20 pm #

I would have trouble tearing into those, they are so cute! great job! I'm pinning it 😉

10. Melissa @ Rooms Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 3:22 pm #

So cute, Kirsten. I love the chalkboard art too:)

11. Danielle Oakey Interiors Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 3:25 pm #

It looks amazing but I am with you on buying it! I bet Jett loves it, you are way too good at this whole mom thing 🙂

12. Sarah K Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 3:37 pm #

Adorable…Glad you did this to show…thought about making one but might just buy

13. Annie @ House on Rene Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 6:04 pm #

It looks very cute! I am sure he is having a great time!

14. Chaney Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 7:22 pm #

Great job! I'm sure it did take a lot of time, but it really does look beautiful and I'm sure Jett loves it!

15. Cove and Grey Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 7:31 pm #

Love this! I bet Jett does too 🙂

16. Stephanie Jean Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 7:33 pm #

I love this – what a great idea! Fabulous job:)

17. Jenna at Homeslice Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 9:48 pm #

Well you might not feel like it was worth it- but it sure is beautiful! Hey I have a giveaway on my blog this week for a $200 gift card to Williams-sonoma, pottery barn, or west elm.. thought you might be interested!

18. Amy Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 2:04 am #

This is lovely!

19. Kathleen Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 3:14 am #

It turned out so cute and I bet Jett loves it! Next time you need to cut a million shapes, call me and you can use my cricut…it will go a lot faster!

20. KarenB Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 3:31 am #

A pre-made calendar wouldn't be nearly as AWESOME!

21. nicoleodettedesigns Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 4:44 am #

Hi Kirsten! What beautiful decorations! I have a question for you on a completely different topic – I read in one of your recent posts that you use Keynote for your design boards. After having some trouble in Mac's Pages when working on one of my client's design boards today, I decided to give Keynote a try. I love it and it worked wonderfully, but now I'm having trouble posting the file to my blog. I've tried everything I can think of, but no luck. Would you mind sharing how you convert a Keynote file to a format accepted on a blog and facebook page? Thanks so much for your help!

Nicole

22. hermes bag outlet Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 8:05 am #

The mass cheap gucci handbags media has had a big shock on working the mindset of people. The garishness chanel classic bag and enchant that surrounds renown's sporting fashion hermes bag outlet has connived the populace to adopt similar louis vuitton monogram canvas
    styles for which they have cost loads of money. While many people need to look like the omega speedmaster watches most of them do not have that kind of money to pass on fashion designer dressing and accessories.

23. ashley Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 8:30 am #

oh wow! that looks amazing! i totally hear you about the "tons of work", but it turned out so beautifully. i just went with a simple activity banner this year {free download}. xoxo

24. Aja Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 2:50 pm #

I LOVE your Advent Calendar! It's so unique! And I cannot believe you sewed each star- way to go! 🙂

25. Sixty-Fifth Avenue Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 2:56 pm #

Oh my goodness…that is so cute!! Lot of work but the outcome is perfect!

26. Courtney {a thoughtful place} Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 4:00 pm #

Holy smokes that is a ton of work. but oh so cute. Wow. Super impressed. That chalkboard poster is so dear. I think I need one!

27. Shannon Friday, December 7, 2012 at 9:27 pm #

Yeah but all your hard work was TOTALLY worth it! At least for all of us who can glean from your beautiful inspiration :).

I found you through adelightfuldesign- we were both featured in Abby's advent calender post! Glad I found your adorable blog! I'm your newest follower 🙂

greg-shannon-mulder.blogspot.com

28. Abby Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 11:02 am #

What paper is the chalkboard prnted on? This is just too cute!

29. Lisa Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 5:30 pm #

So,… to make this less expensive and easier… and more meaningful…. Chalkboard – any will do, and write it out. The kids help cut out the stars from brown paper bags and instead of stuffing them with candy, they each help write Scripture out on the back. You collect them, number them and hang them. When they pick a star, they get to read it. It might even be a star they wrote the Scripture on. Cute idea and an easy way to make it easy to do.

30. Abigail Hake Tuesday, December 2, 2014 at 1:59 pm #

But it's Darling… seriously! I love it! And I've seen that print before and love it too! It really makes a nice accent in your hall! And you don't see these types of Advent Calendars in every house!