DIY Falling Leaves Garland

I’m excited about this easy Fall craft from my contributors, Sarah and Emily, from the blog Boxwood Clippings. They have great taste and are always coming up with simple and chic DIY projects.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Hi
Everyone! It’s finally autumn, and today we’re happy to share this DIY
glittery leaf garland to spruce up your house for the season.
boxwood clippings_diy falling leaves garland
boxwood clippings_diy falling leaves garland_2
You’ll need a bag of artificial leaves, which we bought from the
Dollar Tree, but any craft store should carry them. Next use a
paintbrush to apply Elmer’s glue to each leaf and then sprinkle glitter
over the leaf. Let the glue set and then shake off the excess glitter.
Next punch a hole at the top of each leaf and attach a ribbon that you can tie to a large ribbon strand.
These
leaves are so shimmery and will add a little sparkle to your home for
the upcoming months. It would also be a great project to do with kiddos,
a little glitter ending up on their faces is always a good thing :)
-Sarah and Emily

We are sisters whose goal is to have it all…balanced, organized and beautiful lives on a tight budget. Join us on our blog, Boxwood Clippingsfor daily tips on design, organization, bargains, DIY’s and much more

23 Responses to DIY Falling Leaves Garland

1. Laura Lynn Friday, October 11, 2013 at 10:21 am #

Love this. I do this with fruit! (Sugar) at Christmas! Every fall, I wax natural leaves and give them a nice sheen so they last a little longer. I'll have to try this too, thanks!

2. Joy U Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 8:00 pm #

Adorable! I love that this idea is simple and stunning at once. This makes me want to glitter everything in my house.

3. blackbetty79 Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 6:22 am #

This looks like so much fun but might be a bit messy with all the glitter. This is something I would do out side so glitter is not all over my tables and floors.

4. Sarah Gunn Sunday, October 20, 2013 at 10:27 pm #

Beautiful! I love how simple and pretty it looks.

5. Marieke Friday, October 25, 2013 at 9:03 am #

Great. Really,loving it. But I was wondering; is there a trick to 'fixate' the gllitter on the leaves?

6. Mina Aradski Friday, October 25, 2013 at 7:19 pm #

simple and stunning

7. Sam M. Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 2:01 am #

Beautiful! I'd love for you to join the Pinworthy Projects party! http://www.atkinsondrive.com/pinworthy-projects-link-party-12/

8. Stephany Cockerham Monday, October 28, 2013 at 11:09 pm #

i recently was told at a pier one store to spray all my home decor that has glitter with hairspray…this will keep the glitter from falling off!

9. Janis@All Things Beautiful Tuesday, October 29, 2013 at 2:23 am #

These are sooooo pretty! Love this idea!

10. Erika Roberts Monday, November 4, 2013 at 3:50 am #

I absolutely love this idea! Gorgeous! Can't wait to make these. I may just have to go out tomorrow and get me some leaves from the Dollar Store! Pinned already and will be sharing about it on my blog, MishMashedMe. I will link back to your blog and give you all the credit. : ) Thank you! ~Erika

11. Dina byDina Monday, November 4, 2013 at 5:25 pm #

great idea!

12. emlue Monday, November 4, 2013 at 10:12 pm #

Just tried this out and it worked fabulously! I used them to decorate my dorm room door, they make it so much cheerier. :) Check out the results at:

13. Sarah Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 3:14 am #

Ladies we're so happy you loved our glitter leaves. If you haven't already made them, know that it's not that messy. If you glitter the leaves one at a time the glitter is very controllable and doesn't go all over the place! Good luck and we'd love to see your versions email us at mail [at] boxwoodclippings [dot] com. :)

14. Kim Monday, December 16, 2013 at 5:56 pm #

Would be beautiful at Christmas with holly leaves too.

15. Maria de mis Cositas Thursday, August 28, 2014 at 7:02 pm #

They are gorgeous!! Where did you buy the glitter? The colors are awesome

16. Judy Saturday, November 1, 2014 at 6:51 pm #

I've been seeing these all over Pinterest and have fallen in love with them! Yay! Today I finally found their "source" and can make some. Browsed your blog, loved it, signed up to follow it!

17. Its Our Studio Tuesday, February 24, 2015 at 7:06 am #

So Cute :*

Wishing you Beautiful days ahead. Take Care

18. Alexis Monday, September 7, 2015 at 8:17 pm #

Love this simple DIY! Giving it a shout out on Twitter this Tuesday, @Estimake! :)

19. Marilyn Rivers Saturday, September 26, 2015 at 6:21 pm #

Great idea to do with my Visiting Nurses Adult Day Care crafters. They will love this.

20. Ashby Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 1:27 pm #

I love this DIY. I am going to the store now to pick of leaves and glitter this is so simple and so pretty!

21. Rhea Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 3:36 pm #

Oh, glitter in the house, please! Every time thereafter that you find one tiny sparkly dot of it — whether on your cheek, your coffee mug, or your briefcase — you have an instant mini-celebration. More Glitter! :)

22. Cheri Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 6:12 am #

This caught my eye for sure and I am inspired to go out collecting more leaves now with the kiddlebits. I think this will look just as lovely if real leaves are used to we will get out the flower press and dry them first then glitter them up and make the garland. Thanks for a lovely and simple idea.

23. Sarah Friday, November 20, 2015 at 11:21 pm #

I am a kindergarten teacher in Thailand and I just did this craft> My students collected different leaves from the school garden. i think it was nicer to use real leaves which the students picked out and are biodegradable instead of buying plastic leaves which are not free and not biodegradable.