Nautical Playroom Reveal

On Tuesday I shared some insight into the process of designing this fun playroom and today I’m sharing the reveal! Thanks so much to Jylare Smith Photography for taking these pictures for us.

The architecture and shape of the ceiling created easy divisions in the space.  We used one side for an art area, the other side for a play kitchen area and the middle we left open for playing and watching t.v.

For the kitchen side we bought the small version of the Vintage Schoolhouse play table with the vintage steel play chair

I love this sailing kite ship and the whimsical feel it gives this space.
On either side of the window we added some art from Minted.

The Tribeca Media Storage fit perfectly on the far wall to store toys and their t.v. The paper mache shark is from here. The rug is the The Matra Flatweave Rug.

The flying gulls are to-the-trade. Contact me for more info. The baskets are great for oversized toy storage.

The blue boxes are from the Land of Nod

Between the two nooks we have the Go to it Laughing print from Minted. The bean bags are from PB Teen.

Each window nook has a farmhouse pendant, floating shelves and a custom window bench made out of this fabric
The adorable octopus is from Pottery Barn kids. The solid coral pillows are from this etsy shop. The striped lumbar is from this etsy shop. We also bought the tassel pillows from Anthropologie

The other side of the room was made into an art area as well as a fun place for the kids to play school.

We did the same play table but in the larger version.

We also did our DIY octopus art in this space! To add art supply storage we bought the Jayden Metal Shelves

The paint color throughout her home is Benjamin Moore Gray Owl.
If you are interested in having Erin and I help you with your home we offer e-design and full design services! Contact jamie@houseofjadeinteriors.com for more information.

, ,

34 Responses to Nautical Playroom Reveal

1. jenjen Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 12:37 pm #

This is amazing! Are you willing to share the name of the paint color?

• Kirsten Krason Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 1:14 pm #

That's a great question! The paint color throughout her home is Benjamin Moore Gray Owl.

• jenjen Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 11:44 pm #

Thank you!!

2. Janet @ Ordinary Mom Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 12:58 pm #

Just out of curiosity, what was the budget for the room and what did that include?

• Kirsten Krason Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 1:22 pm #

Our client told us upfront that she loved Restoration Hardware's pieces and she wanted good quality items to stand up to her three kids. So we just went off of that! 🙂 We saved money on the walls in the art corner by doing the DIY art and taking up wall space with the kids art display. We also didn't do any window treatments so we saved a lot of money there.

3. Cara Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 1:18 pm #

Love love love! I'm always a tad obsessed with your designs, but this blows it out of the park! It's such a great kids playroom without screaming kids!

Love it!

4. The Taylor Family Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 1:18 pm #

Love it as always!!!!! What a perfect space for little kids. You two are phenomenal. And I love these series!

5. Cristina Abreu Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 1:35 pm #

I love it !! I wish i had a playroom like this for my 3 kids !!

6. Brandi Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 1:41 pm #

Such a fun, cheerful room! You did an amazing job.

7. Kelly Linn Feller Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 4:05 pm #

What a beautiful room!

8. Brittany Cramer Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 6:02 pm #

OBSESSED with this space! I always forget where those white shelves are from, Ikea? Also, LOVE Gray Owl, actually painted our nursery in that color 😛 You guys killed this space, seriously! that shark, so perfect.

9. Kris Moran Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 8:31 pm #

Such a darling playroom – love it all!

10. Erica Young Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 11:44 pm #

Beautiful! I love the little reading nook and the kids table.

11. carol jane Friday, June 13, 2014 at 12:29 pm #

I was looking at similar book ledges at pottery barn but they were photo ledges. Do you think these would work for a gallery photo wall?

• Kirsten Krason Friday, June 13, 2014 at 1:16 pm #

Yes totally! I don't think they are as deep? But you could definitely layer some frames

12. Whitney B. Friday, June 13, 2014 at 2:49 pm #

Love this space! The book nook and whale print are adorable!! I'm dying over the book nook, must pin now for later!

13. Jen Jensen Friday, June 13, 2014 at 3:01 pm #

LOVE!!! Well done.

14. Mary Ann at classic•casual•home Friday, June 13, 2014 at 6:04 pm #

So darling…they will enjoy this for so long!

15. Jennifer Lippi Saturday, June 14, 2014 at 12:38 am #

I love everything about it! My favorite is the reading nook. I would die to have a playroom at all, let alone one that size. It makes me, an adult want to "play" there!
    Jennifer@decoratingdelirium.com

16. heather gilmour Monday, June 16, 2014 at 10:46 am #

Very beautiful decorated room! Looks amazing, I would stay in there all day 🙂

Carpet cleaners South Sutton

17. jamie @ [kreyv] Monday, June 16, 2014 at 7:35 pm #

So in love with this room!

18. Steph at ModernParentsMessyKids.com Monday, June 16, 2014 at 10:02 pm #

I just love it when an "in real life" friend raves to me about something a blogging friend is doing and that's exactly what happened this morning! This room turned out absolutely beautiful Kirsten, I love it… And now I'm kinda obsessed with that minted print too!

19. Emo Zubair Tuesday, June 17, 2014 at 5:07 pm #

Best Business Plan from home, invest as low as $1 and get 10% Daily Profit

20. Kelly Marie Keating Tuesday, June 17, 2014 at 5:45 pm #

Love that ombre rug! And the surfer print. Such a peaceful space!

21. Rehan Ahmed Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 12:32 am #

Online Jobs, work from home, part time online jobs, just join any where in the world
    Fb.com/JobzCornerz
    JobzCorner.com

22. Faheem Zia Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 8:46 am #

For All Latest Hot Current Affairs

23. hassan mouse Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 7:43 pm #

Find best Online Jobs on Facebook…
    JobzCorner

24. Rehan Ahmed Monday, August 11, 2014 at 11:04 am #

Online Business as low as $1, Join Now and Get Best Business from Home without any work
    AllTimeProfit.com

25. Rehan Ahmed Thursday, August 21, 2014 at 10:17 am #

Funny and Lol Pictures only on this online network in the world, online gags
    LolsGag.com

26. Rehan Ahmed Wednesday, August 27, 2014 at 1:40 pm #

Get Facebook Likes on your fb page, likes on your facebook pictures, followers on your facebook id, shares of your facebook posts, every thing is available here, visit for more details

27. Rehan Ahmed Tuesday, September 2, 2014 at 3:39 pm #

Get Free Online Jobs from home, best ad clicking work, join now
    JobzCorner.com/FreeEarning

28. Rehan Ahmed Wednesday, September 24, 2014 at 8:00 am #

Viewing the ads, playing games, upgrade plans, more earnings, referral earnings, bonus points and more, join now
    Paidverts.com

29. Katie Kaufman Monday, February 29, 2016 at 3:06 pm #

Where can I get the metal sea gulls on the wall? I love them!