The Riverside House – Master Bathroom

We’ve saved the best for last! I’m sharing the final reveal in the Riverside House.
Back in February I posted some of the planning from The Riverside House Master Bathroom.  The bathroom started out like this:
The tub was built into a nook.  We wanted to demo the tub and put in a free-standing one instead.

There were also dark brown built ins around the sink vanities.

So we got to work!  We decided to tile the entire nook.  We chose subway tile for the sides and ceiling.  We did a faux marble on the back wall and a small white hex on the floor of the nook and the faux marble on the rest of the floor.  Here is the board we sent over!
The results were a much brighter and lighter bathroom!

art / peonies / marble tray / mirrors / sconces / soap / chandelier / stool – no longer available (Similar) / faux marble / wall color – Benjamin Moore Wickham Gray

Interested in hiring us to help with your next design project or remodel?

29 Responses to The Riverside House – Master Bathroom

1. Kelly Linn Feller Monday, June 8, 2015 at 12:49 pm #

Gorgeous!!

2. I like it, I love it! Monday, June 8, 2015 at 1:09 pm #

Stunning! Do you have a source for the tub?

3. swimCH22 Monday, June 8, 2015 at 1:59 pm #

Aren't you worried about hanging a chandelier right over the bath tub?

4. Price Style & Design Monday, June 8, 2015 at 2:38 pm #

Well done! It's so light and bright now! The owners must be over the moon!

5. micheleomega Monday, June 8, 2015 at 2:53 pm #

so beautiful! how did you get your contractors to hang a light above the tub? i wanted one over our tub, but our builder told us we couldn't because of code … and i couldn't even reach it when standing up. the one you used looks much lower than my plan. was our builder just jerking us around because he didn't want to hang a light? or is minnesota just hyper-code-happy?

6. Annemarie Byrnes Monday, June 8, 2015 at 3:47 pm #

Drooling! This is gorgeous! We are about to begin our master bath remodel and I have been debating towel bar vs hooks. Why did you/home owner choose hooks? Also can you give me the source for the towel rings and hooks used in this project. Thanks!

7. Michele @ Moonfield Lane Monday, June 8, 2015 at 3:49 pm #

Wow! That transformation is amazing! Just stunning!

8. Claire Brody Monday, June 8, 2015 at 5:53 pm #

Wowowowowowowo….. this is incredible!!!!! Such a gorgeous transformation! I can't stop dreaming about this space….

9. Chelsey Monday, June 8, 2015 at 6:16 pm #

What kind of ballpark budget is a remodel like this?

10. Leslie Monday, June 8, 2015 at 11:59 pm #

This is beautiful! You did such an amazing job!

11. Michelle @ AM Dolce Vita Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 1:31 am #

Your bathroom looks just perfect!!! What a transformation! I am in love with the scones and mirrors. So beautiful!!!

12. wruger Wednesday, June 10, 2015 at 12:50 am #

Love the changes to the vanity areas! Beautiful bathroom all around!

13. Krystine @ www.KrystineEdwards.com Thursday, June 11, 2015 at 12:00 pm #

Jaw dropping gorgeous! LOVE LOVE LOVE it all!

14. Karla Foster Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 9:57 pm #

While the dark brown color scheme beforehand looked okay, you really can’t beat the immaculate and pristine beauty of a white-theme bathroom. The design might seem simpler than before, but it still looks elegant despite that fact. And it definitely seems more spacious than the previous layout. It beats the previous design, hands down. Thanks for sharing!

Karla Foster @ Southwest Houston Plumbing

15. Meg / peachesandcake.com Saturday, June 20, 2015 at 7:19 pm #

I can't get over how awesome the faux marble looks! Thanks for sharing the source!

16. Kristin@bliss-athome.com Monday, June 22, 2015 at 2:59 pm #

Dream bathroom! This is my favorite to date! xo

17. Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home Tuesday, June 23, 2015 at 12:21 pm #

I must have my head in the sand! I've been following your House of Jade IG account, and didn't put together that it was you! Oy! Anyway, this bathroom is a dream. Love it!!!

18. Alexis Sunday, July 19, 2015 at 6:09 pm #

This is quite possibly the most gorgeous bathroom ever! I love every detail.

19. Melissa Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 9:01 pm #

Can you share the source for the hand towel holders on the wall next to the sink? I can’t seem to find it through on-line searching. Thank you.

• Kirsten Krason Wednesday, August 5, 2015 at 1:48 pm #

Sorry it took us a while to get back. We were trying to track down if we got it or our client. And our client got them so we don’t know the source. Sorry!!

20. Elizabeth Monday, August 3, 2015 at 10:59 pm #

Soooo pretty!!!! Anyway you would share the source for countertops?

• Kirsten Krason Wednesday, August 5, 2015 at 1:47 pm #

The countertops are Nougat Quartz. :)

21. Elizabeth Wednesday, August 5, 2015 at 5:28 pm #

Thanks for sharing Kirsten! This bathroom is an absolute dream 😀

22. TRACY Saturday, September 12, 2015 at 7:03 am #

This bathroom is stunning! The Faux Marble looks A’Mazing! I’ve clicked on the link you’ve provided and would love to know if the marble is Statuario or Calacatta? Thank You!

• Kirsten Krason Saturday, September 12, 2015 at 7:50 pm #

Calcutta

23. Anna Friday, January 15, 2016 at 7:46 pm #

Can you tell me what where the hardware for the vanity is from?

24. Pauline Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 7:19 pm #

Hi – I think someone previously asked for the source info for the tub, but I didn’t see a response. It’s exactly what I’m looking for too and I would be very grateful if you could share the source – thanks so much!