The Modern Farmhouse Project Girl’s Bedroom

We are down to the final room in our Modern Farmhouse Project. This little girl’s bedroom may be the last on our reveal, but it is definitely full of style. We started off in our planning wanting to put wallpaper on the ceiling. We are loving all things wallpaper right now! In the girl’s room it is a whimsical way to mix up a favorite design trend.  We felt it particularly appropriate with the playful Hygee and West bird pattern. We also wanted a balance between soft and bright colors to create a unique space these two girls could grow into.
4F8A4434

4F8A4439

4F8A4457

We love the contrast between the teal rug, ikat pillows and the spa blue pom poms on the duvets.4F8A4465

4F8A4466

4F8A4495
4F8A4474

One fun surprise in the room is the hidden play space with a door just the right size for kids. It opens up to a light-filled are that is a great place for kids. We anchored shelves for books along the long wall with an area at the end perfect for dress up.
4F8A4487

4F8A4491

Photography by Lindsey Orton

Wallpaper installed by Details By Others

Wallpaper (Hygge & West Daydream), Rug, BeddingPink Euro Sham, Orange Ikat Pillow (West Elm), Art Above Beds (To the Trade), Flamingo, Drapes (Ikea), Play Table & ChairsArt Print Gallery, Books, Dresser and Bed Frames (Belonged to Client)

(This post contains affiliate links)

Hire Us - HOJ

23 Responses to The Modern Farmhouse Project Girl’s Bedroom

1. Florence Monday, August 31, 2015 at 12:31 pm #

Another fantastic project! Truly stunning! Thanks so much for sharing

2. katie Monday, August 31, 2015 at 7:37 pm #

Simply beautiful! I love the wallpaper on the ceiling and bold rug, balanced by the clean simplicity of the bedding and accents. Thank you for sharing these amazing projects.

3. Allison Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 1:09 pm #

Where did you get the ceiling light? Looking for something similar. Thanks!

4. Allison Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 1:33 pm #

Also did you paint the dresser? And If so what paint did you use? Moving shortly and love your style for everything !

5. Heidi Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 3:34 pm #

What is the white paint color you used here and throughout the house. This is my favorite room so far! Love!!!!

• Kirsten Krason Monday, September 7, 2015 at 7:54 am #

Thanks so much! It is SW Snowbound.

6. Elyse Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 11:11 pm #

Love the room! Where did you get the simple green blankets on the beds? I’ve been looking for something similar. Thanks!

• Kirsten Krason Friday, September 11, 2015 at 2:35 pm #

They are from Target. 🙂

7. Caitlin Friday, September 18, 2015 at 9:07 am #

I LOVE LOVE this entire home. So well done. You guys are extremely talented. xx!

8. Liz Harris Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 5:23 pm #

Absolutely beautiful room! I love the look of the dotty sheet set on each of the girls’ beds. Do you recall where the sheet sets were purchased from? Thanks so much.

• Kirsten Krason Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 7:08 pm #

They were from Target.

• Liz Harris Sunday, October 11, 2015 at 7:53 pm #

Thank you!

9. Mandi Monday, October 19, 2015 at 12:01 pm #

This room is so darling! Where did you get the white starburst mirror?

• Kirsten Krason Monday, October 19, 2015 at 4:56 pm #

It belonged to the client already so unfortunately we don’t have a source.

10. Sunshine Monday, November 2, 2015 at 9:55 pm #

Love this room! Amazing job! Where can I find similar art work above the bed? Thank you so much for sharing!

• Kirsten Krason Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 7:51 am #

Thank you! Unfortunately it’s a trade item, but try One Kings Lane for something similar. They usually have a good variety.

11. Elisha in HK Sunday, October 9, 2016 at 4:46 pm #

Hello I am totally bowled over by this room – it is serene and playful all at the same time. I have been trawling the internet for days trying to find a wallpaper I love for my daughters bedroom and think this is the one (thank you for the inspiration) however when I look at it on the Hygge and West website it notes the colour as french blue and looks completely different to the soft teal / jade colour shown in your photos – is it a different colour way? Please help – the photos here are exactly the colours I am after (and the french blue is not!)

12. Chloe Papillo Friday, October 14, 2016 at 6:29 pm #

Just wondering where you could find a similar bed but in a full / double size… I am re-doing a few rooms in my house and would like to move my girls into one room together and these beds would be perfect. Could you recommend anything…

13. Andrea Thursday, December 22, 2016 at 3:52 pm #

I love everything you guys do! I was searching your site to try and find who did the finish wordwork, in particular, who made the tiny door in this room. I am looking to do something like that. Thanks!

• Kirsten Krason Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 8:01 pm #

We are not sure of who did the finish work for this home. But we encourage you to reach out to Artisan Construction, they were the builders of the home. http://www.artisanconstructionutah.com/