The Modern Farmhouse Project Kitchen & Breakfast Nook

This kitchen is easily one of our favorite rooms in this house. From the pendant lights to the open shelving, how can you not fall in love. We kept true to the overall farmhouse design, while making it a more updated space and comfortable space for the family to gather. 4F8A5047

4F8A5022

4F8A5060

4F8A5038

4F8A5059

4F8A5032

If you are afraid to commit to an entire kitchen of open shelving, having a small corner or space allows for you to showcase nice dishes and to add layers and color. 4F8A5050

4F8A5082

4F8A5072

Having a command station in a kitchen is a functional way to keep organized. I’m convinced every kitchen should have one. 4F8A5043

The breakfast nook we wanted to keep more casual and simple as it is just adjacent to the kitchen and is the less formal eating space than the dining room. The room allowed for a round dining table which we love for family and friends to congregate around.4F8A5053

4F8A5055

4F8A4997

Photography by Lindsey Orton

Wall and Cabinet Color (SW Snowbound), Hardwood Floors (Garrison Du Bois in Chrishell), Door Paint Color (Kwal Black Finish), Hardware (Here, Here and Here), Countertops, Island Pendants, Island Stools, Rug Runner (Vintage), Breakfast Nook Chandelier, Table, Chairs

This post contains affiliate links.

Hire Us - HOJ

37 Responses to The Modern Farmhouse Project Kitchen & Breakfast Nook

1. Jessie Friday, August 7, 2015 at 3:13 pm #

Dream Kitchen…..love the open shelves and the little command center. All those nooks keep it interesting and super functional, LOVE! The double island is a great way to increase storage and have a place for people to gather together. We have an L shaped island that seats 4 and it is the only place anyone sits in our kitchen! In love with white kitchens with gold hardware! Oh, sorry, also, the light fixtures are AMAZING!

2. Alison Sunday, August 9, 2015 at 6:56 pm #

Love this! Curious, where did you get the open shelves?

• Kirsten Krason Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 1:45 am #

They were custom by the builder.

3. Kathryne Wednesday, August 12, 2015 at 4:29 am #

What a beautiful and useable kitchen. The hardware and nook are my favorite. Can you please tell me what brand and models the refrigerator and freezer are?
    Thank you and congratulations on a successful project.

4. Sherry Hart Saturday, August 15, 2015 at 11:34 am #

Kitchen is awesome…..but the dining area killed me!

5. Melinda Friday, August 28, 2015 at 10:58 am #

Beautiful home! What kind of flooring do you have??

• Kirsten Krason Saturday, August 29, 2015 at 8:30 pm #

Thank you! It’s Garrison Du Bois Flooring in Chrishell.

6. erika Saturday, August 29, 2015 at 12:02 pm #

I would love to know where you sourced those drawer pulls from?

• Kirsten Krason Saturday, August 29, 2015 at 8:31 pm #

They are all from Pottery Barn.

7. Rhonda Woloohojian Saturday, August 29, 2015 at 9:28 pm #

Love the barstools! Where can I find them? Thank you!

• Kirsten Krason Sunday, August 30, 2015 at 3:31 pm #

We love them too! You can find them at Restoration Hardware.

8. Allyson Thompson Monday, October 12, 2015 at 2:11 pm #

What is the size of the RH dining table?

• Dana Friday, June 3, 2016 at 6:31 pm #

I was wondering the same thing… I’m assuming 60″ since there are 6 chairs around it? Would love to know, though. And which finish the table is…..

• Kirsten Krason Friday, July 1, 2016 at 2:01 pm #

It’s Salvage Natural finish and is 60″.

9. Kary Friday, March 25, 2016 at 12:38 pm #

So I’m wanting to order your flooring but I’m troubled because the stock picture looks so different from the pictures I see here. Having trouble pulling the trigger! I like how much lighter it looks in your house. I see subtle pink undertones in these pics that I don’t see in the stock picture online. Do you have any light to shed on this? The flooring guy (who is my neighbor!) probably isn’t liking me right now lol

• Kirsten Krason Friday, March 25, 2016 at 4:08 pm #

There really aren’t any pink undertones. Look through more of our Modern Farmhouse posts to get a more cohesive idea. Good luck 🙂

• kary Monday, April 4, 2016 at 1:06 pm #

do you have a recommendation for something that looks like this, but in a vinyl plank? I will PAY you for this info. Who do I paypal? lol.

10. Kristin Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 5:49 pm #

This all looks great! Would you be able to tell me where you got the breakfast nook circular table? Thanks!

• Kirsten Krason Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 6:11 pm #

Restoration Hardware. There is a link at the bottom of the post.

• Susan Friday, April 1, 2016 at 9:13 am #

What is the diameter of the breakfast nook RH table?

Beautiful kitchen!!! Nice job!

• Kirsten Krason Friday, April 1, 2016 at 1:27 pm #

You can find the dimensions on their web site.

11. k Saturday, April 2, 2016 at 3:00 pm #

beautiful! what size are the rejuvenation pendant lights that you used?

• Kirsten Krason Tuesday, April 19, 2016 at 10:36 am #

24″

12. kary Friday, May 6, 2016 at 8:32 am #

did you guys use the same paint color for cabinets, wall and trim? we’re remodeling our kitchen and using these pictures and resources to guide us. LOVE this kitchen. the painter will be here today to do our walls.

13. Allison Serrano Friday, June 17, 2016 at 2:17 pm #

Hey there! Can you by chance tell me where you got the reclaimed wood shelves? Or point me in a direction to find some? I loooovvveee.

Thanks!

• Kirsten Krason Friday, July 1, 2016 at 1:57 pm #

They were custom made by the builder. 🙂

14. ana ceballos Wednesday, September 14, 2016 at 7:56 am #

Such a beautiful kitchen! Actually, beautiful everything!!! Could you please tell me if you used the 24″ or the 18″ Butte pendants? I ordered them and just opened box and am a little overwhelmed by the size of the 24″ ones and am wondering if I made a mistake and should have ordered the 18″. Thank you!!!

• Kirsten Krason Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 3:36 pm #

They were 24″ pendants:)

15. amber Wednesday, October 19, 2016 at 12:25 pm #

hello. by chance, could you tell me the dimensions of windows in dining/living areas, including transoms? thank you!

• Kirsten Krason Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 10:28 am #

Hi! I am sorry we don’t have the information.

16. Stevie West Friday, October 28, 2016 at 3:36 pm #

Hi! Could you tell me where you can get this barn door? I was also wondering what color grout you used. I like that it’s not too grey!

• Kirsten Krason Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 12:02 pm #

The barn door was custom made locally.

• Stevie West Monday, December 5, 2016 at 2:11 pm #

Thanks so much!

17. Tonya Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 8:10 am #

Are the refrigerator and freezer two individual units you put side by side? Are they commercial? Do you notice that they’re louder than residential units?

• Kirsten Krason Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 11:45 am #

Yes the fridge and freezer are separate just next to each other. We are not sure about the sound.

18. marie Saturday, December 17, 2016 at 9:55 pm #

what pental quartz did you use? love it!!

• Kirsten Krason Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 4:10 pm #

We are sorry the quartz we used is no longer available 🙁