Hartford Model Girl’s & Boy’s Bedrooms

Our next rooms in the Hartford Model are the Girl’s and Boy’s Bedrooms. The rooms themselves aren’t very big so we decided to make a statement with the wallpaper. For the girl’s bedroom we kept it bright and fun, mixing patterns and colors. And then we toned it down a little for the boy’s room without taking away from the texture, color and style. kateosbornephotography-34402

kateosbornephotography-34403

kateosbornephotography-34405

Keeping accessories simple can keep a smaller room from feeling cluttered.

kateosbornephotography-34404

kateosbornephotography-34407

kateosbornephotography-34427

kateosbornephotography-34431

kateosbornephotography-34433

kateosbornephotography-34435

We love these paper mache’ animal heads. They added the right amount of dimension and are the perfect contrast against the blue and white wallpaper.

kateosbornephotography-34436

kateosbornephotography-34438

photography by kate osborne

girl’s bedroom: wallpaper / bed frames – similar / dresser – similareuro sham / diamond quilt / art / lamps / rug

boy’s bedroom: wallpaper / light fixturebed frame / duvet / accent pillow – similar / lumbar pillow – similar / dresser / paper mache’ animal heads / animal art – similar / floor lamp / hippo bookend / lion bookend / rug – similar

(this post contains affiliate links)

Hire Us - HOJ

23 Responses to Hartford Model Girl’s & Boy’s Bedrooms

1. Emilia Monday, October 5, 2015 at 6:46 pm #

These are beautifully designed rooms that can grow with kids! Do you know the name of the green and white geometric fabric used for the pillows in the boy’s room? Thanks.

• Kirsten Krason Monday, October 5, 2015 at 7:24 pm #

Thank you! It’s a Peter Dunham fabric: http://www.peterdunhamtextiles.com/textiles/peterazzi

• kristen gavazzi Friday, September 23, 2016 at 2:05 pm #

hi. i love your design style! quick question…did you use the peter dunham fabric in outdoor fabric or the linen? please advise. thanks!

• Kirsten Krason Monday, September 26, 2016 at 9:35 pm #

We usually do the linen

2. Julia@Cuckoo4Design Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 4:38 am #

Those wallpapers!!! So So good!

3. Amanda taylor Tuesday, October 6, 2015 at 8:21 am #

I adore both of these rooms. They are some of my favorite of your work. I love that they are simple yet colorful. Thanks for sharing. You are such talented girls!

4. Jen Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 7:04 am #

Can you share where I may purchase the turtle art?

• Kirsten Krason Wednesday, October 7, 2015 at 12:30 pm #

It is from Natural Curiosities. 🙂

5. Laura Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 10:36 pm #

I love both of these rooms. Great job!

6. Amanda Friday, October 9, 2015 at 5:49 am #

What about the super hero books? Love those. Great work all around.

• Kirsten Krason Friday, October 9, 2015 at 8:13 am #

The superhero books are from one of our trade companies but this would make an easy DIY to cover up your existing books! 🙂

7. Aly Sharp Friday, November 20, 2015 at 11:51 am #

I LOVE the girls’ room. I am doing a shared room for my two girls and I adore this. Where did you find that fabulous flower art?

8. secily Tuesday, November 24, 2015 at 2:15 pm #

Hi there!
    These two rooms are great! I am loving the girls wallpaper and am wondering where you got it? Thanks!

• Kirsten Krason Tuesday, November 24, 2015 at 6:25 pm #

Thank you! The link is in the sources at the bottom of the post. 🙂

9. JoLynne Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 12:33 pm #

I can’t find a US link for the girls wallpaper. I’ve tried 2 sites but they don’t ship to the US. Please help!

10. JoLynne Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 11:32 pm #

What are the measurements of the girls room?

11. JoLynne Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 11:40 pm #

I want to put the Nairobi wallpaper in my sons room. It is approximately 12 x 12 ft with 10 ft ceilings. Do you think it’s too large for the Nairobi, large patterned wallpaper? Thank you! I appreciate your help

12. JoLynne Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 9:24 pm #

Where did the lumbar pillows in the girls room come from?

13. Krista Saturday, August 20, 2016 at 11:36 pm #

I love these rooms! So lovely. Extremely interested in where I can purchase the rug you used in the little girls’ room. Thank you!

14. Marcy Friday, January 6, 2017 at 12:27 pm #

Love both rooms. Could you tell me who is the maker of the white dresser in the girls room?
    Thanks