Mapleton New Build Living Room

Today we are showing off this beautiful Living Room from the Mapleton Project.

Our goal in this space was to keep things functional for a family with kids while still keeping it modern and pretty.  We went back and forth with adding color in the space but in the end decided to stick with blacks, blues and grays.  The fireplace is the real show-stopper in the space. We love that our client was on board with the graphic art. It adds so much to the room! One of the challenges we had in here is that our client didn’t want a rug. We usually use rugs to ground a room and add a lot of color, pattern or texture.  We decided to bring in color with the solid blue ottoman and texture with the woven x benches.

Thanks to Becky Kimball for the beautiful photographs!

HOJI_Mapleton_BeckyKimballPhoto_27

HOJI_Mapleton_BeckyKimballPhoto_35

HOJI_Mapleton_BeckyKimballPhoto_28

HOJI_Mapleton_BeckyKimballPhoto_30

HOJI_Mapleton_BeckyKimballPhoto_29

HOJI_Mapleton_BeckyKimballPhoto_34

HOJI_Mapleton_BeckyKimballPhoto_33

HOJI_Mapleton_BeckyKimballPhoto_36

HOJI_Mapleton_BeckyKimballPhoto_31

HOJI_Mapleton_BeckyKimballPhoto_32

photography by Becky Kimball

Ottoman / Woven Stools – Similar / Black Chairs / Blue & White Batik Pillow / Floor Lamp / Side Table / Sconces / Green Sea Rock Art / Blue Batik Throw / Source for Both Sofas / Table Lamp – Similar

Cabinet Paint Color – Benjamin Moore White Dove

56 Responses to Mapleton New Build Living Room

1. bethany lee Monday, February 15, 2016 at 11:35 am #

I am crazy about the light blue tribal pillow. Where can I get that?

• Kirsten Krason Monday, February 15, 2016 at 8:30 pm #

We purchased that at a local store called Wonderland

2. Meg Monday, February 15, 2016 at 4:00 pm #

Gorgeous!! What is the source of the round white side table with the black legs??

• Kirsten Krason Monday, February 15, 2016 at 8:30 pm #

It’s from a trade company called Noir.

3. KT Monday, February 15, 2016 at 10:08 pm #

That ottoman is perfection. The RH one is similar but has a slight lip around the edges. I like the one you’ve sourced even more. Can that be purchased through you guys? Is the lamp available for purchase through you as well? Any additional info on those two pieces would be extremely helpful. Love this room SO SO MUCH!!

• Kirsten Krason Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 8:28 am #

Sorry about that! We fixed the ottoman link. The lamp isn’t available but a similar one can be purchased here: http://bit.ly/1QiX5zl

4. Sarah Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 7:48 am #

Beautiful! This and your riverside project are making me feel better about not having tons of bright colors. Looks so pretty and relaxing!

• Sarah Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 7:59 am #

Oops, I mean Bluffdale, not riverside.

5. crystal Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 8:12 am #

Beautiful! Who is the builder of this house?

• Kirsten Krason Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 8:31 am #

Builder is L & T Construction.

6. Kendall Boggs Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 9:36 am #

Hi Kirsten! I follow you on instagram. I am an artist from Atlanta and I’m wondering if you could enlighten me about using more indigo blue in my art and how it has been recieved in artwork. I am about to embark on a huge selection of large paintings for Round Top, Texas spring show (I show at the Arbors) and am really wanting to incorporate more indigo into my paintings. I would be so appreciative if you would give me your opinion. I love your work!!! Just beautiful!
    Thank you so much!
    kendall boggs

• Kirsten Krason Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 9:03 am #

Thanks Kendall. We are seeing lots of indigo lately and we love it used in graphic ways against white backgrounds. Good luck with your shows!

7. Kristen Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 10:28 am #

Are the geometric shapes on stands to trade? If so how do those purchases occur? This is my favorite work you have ever done and I’ve been following you for years, including a small e-design for me over a year ago.

• Kirsten Krason Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 1:46 pm #

Hi Kristen! So glad you like the space. We purchased those at Alice Lane Home Collection.

8. Shelby Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 12:56 pm #

I was curious if you could source those neat geometric pieces in the built-ins.

• Kirsten Krason Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 1:45 pm #

We got them at Alice Lane Home Collection

• Shelby Wednesday, February 17, 2016 at 2:52 pm #

ANY chance to be able to purchase them through you, since A.L. doesn’t have an online option??

• Kirsten Krason Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 6:18 pm #

I’m so sorry but we don’t have access to them.

9. Emily Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 1:24 pm #

Sometimes I find rugs a little distracting, so in my opinion this is perfection! Clean and calm but plenty of personality.

10. Angela Darancou Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 1:53 pm #

Wow, amazing. Everything you guys do is amazing. Everything about this is just amazing. I love the colors with the pops of blue. The fireplace is gorgeous. I love it.

• Kirsten Krason Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 2:03 pm #

Thank you!! You are always so sweet. 😉

11. Connie Wednesday, February 17, 2016 at 3:58 pm #

Great room!
    Can you tell me where you got the console table in entryway? planters?
    Thank you!

12. Jaz Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 9:37 am #

Love this project! Can you tell me where you got the mantle?

• Kirsten Krason Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 3:23 pm #

I believe the builder custom made it.

13. Jaz Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 9:38 am #

Love this project! Can you tell me where you got the art above the mantle?

• Kirsten Krason Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 4:23 pm #

It’s from a company called Natural Curiosities

14. lpay Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 1:00 pm #

I love the room! Do you know about the carpet? Where its from and color/make? I’m local. I’m looking to recarpet but could use some tips on carpet.

15. Ann Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 5:34 pm #

Ok I love that rectangle ottoman and the link goes to a square RH one with no blue fabric options. Perhaps you have another link for the ottoman??? Also I’m a transplant to Utah, where did you find maidenhair fern on the white table with black legs?? And where is the solid blue/gray lumbar pillow from, I’d like to get 2 of those?

• Kirsten Krason Sunday, February 28, 2016 at 1:59 pm #

I’m pretty sure that link offers a rectangle option as well. I think we did the 60″ Bennett Rectangular Upholstered Ottoman. The fern and lumbar are from Alice Lane Home Collection. They have two locations in Utah. I hope that helps!

16. Sarah Tuesday, March 1, 2016 at 7:48 pm #

I love the feel of this house. My husband and I are getting ready to start building a new home. After seeing the fireplace and built-ins we are refining our own livingroom plans to be able to include something similar. Do you know the dimensions of the built-ins, fireplace size, and stone used? Thank you!

17. Leslie Kerrigan Friday, March 4, 2016 at 4:50 pm #

Love this design! Is the wall paint color the same as the built ins? White Dove?? Thanks!

• Kirsten Krason Monday, March 7, 2016 at 11:26 am #

Yes. Same color.

18. Sarah Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 8:29 am #

Gorgeous room!! Do you know what the stone is in the fireplace? Thanks

• Kirsten Krason Monday, April 18, 2016 at 4:15 pm #

Unfortunately we don’t.

19. April Thursday, April 14, 2016 at 1:48 pm #

This fireplace is exactly what I have been envisioning! So gorgeous! Are you able to share what kind of stone that is?

• Kirsten Krason Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 5:54 pm #

Unfortunately, we don’t have the stone source.

20. Jen Friday, April 15, 2016 at 4:25 pm #

By far my favourite room that you have ever done. Just beautiful. Restrained, gorgeous colours, so restful but still interesting. In love.

21. Erin Friday, April 22, 2016 at 2:08 pm #

Do you know where I can purchase this stone for my fireplace? This is EXACTLY what I want and I can’t find it anywhere! Also, are the walls and shiplap/built ins all the same color white? If so, what color white is it? Thank you so much. I love your work!

• Kirsten Krason Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 5:50 pm #

We don’t have the source. Sorry!

22. Lissa Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 3:45 pm #

Love this room so much! What is the carpet brand and color?

• Kirsten Krason Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 7:48 pm #

Unfortunately we don’t have that info.

23. Denise Monday, June 13, 2016 at 7:35 am #

Hi there. I love the stoned fireplace. Can you please tell me the name of the stone veneer you used?

• Kirsten Krason Friday, July 1, 2016 at 1:58 pm #

We don’t have that information. Sorry.

24. Hillarie Thursday, June 23, 2016 at 10:43 am #

This is gorgeous!! Could you tell me the width of the built-ins beside the fireplace?

• Kirsten Krason Friday, July 1, 2016 at 1:52 pm #

We don’t have that information. Sorry!

25. Becky Miller Tuesday, June 28, 2016 at 2:52 pm #

In love with this design, and so appreciate that you list most sources to your designs. Would you share the source of the nailhead couch by chance? Thank you!

26. Kathy Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 6:21 am #

Where did you source the art piece over the fireplace from?

27. Shelby Sunday, October 2, 2016 at 2:22 pm #

Is was wondering if the trim is the same color as the wall color; white dove?

• Kirsten Krason Wednesday, October 5, 2016 at 3:43 pm #

They are both white dove:)

28. Bobbi Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 7:54 pm #

This design is beautiful! I absolutely love it 🙂

29. Nancy Friday, October 14, 2016 at 8:54 pm #

Beautiful space – I’m wondering what color the ottoman is (tough to tell when looking through the switches). Thanks!

• Kirsten Krason Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 10:39 am #

Its the French Blue color 🙂

30. Lissi Monday, February 20, 2017 at 8:32 am #

I absolutely love this room! I am currently building a home and was wondering if you could tell me the height of this fireplace hearth? We will also use stone, with a limestone top, and are deciding this week what height to place it. Thank you!

• Kirsten Krason Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 10:37 am #

We are sorry for our late response but we no longer have that information. Best of luck with your home!