One Room Challenge- The Reveal

It’s done!! After literal blood, sweat…. lots of tears… and a possible growing ulcer.. it’s done! I’m so excited to present my new Dining Room! And a big thank you to Nicholette Photography for the beautiful photos.

Here’s a reminder of where we started.

img_6916

This room was unused, undecorated and uninspired. After careful consideration we decided to turn it into a dining room.  The look evolved..big time… over the past few weeks to turn into what it is today!

jade-51

We now have a beautiful dining space that also acts as a place for my kids to do homework, have tea parties, do craft projects and also my new favorite room to get work done in.

jade-17

This room is really anchored by the beautiful furniture I chose. The table is the Traditions Rivet Gray Wash Extension Dining Table. from Lamps Plus. The chairs were a killer deal on Amazon! I actually really love them.  The head chairs are the Sierra Arm Chair pair from Joss & Main. I added another pop of pattern on these with a pillow from Motif Pillows.  And of course it all sits on the pretty Birmingham Rug from Dash & Albert.

jade-84

Another favorite feature of the room is the Beatty Chandelier from All Modern. It’s a classic chandelier and I’ve always loved it.

jade-19

jade-42
jade-371

I have filled it with some of my favorite accessories.

jade-77
jade-82
jade-35
jade-34
jade-71
The table is set with a beautiful batik runner from Chairish.
jade-28

On the wall by the shelf I added some cool dimensional wall stars.

jade-69

I carefully considered what art to put on the walls in here. I love all the trim that we did in here by Metrie. You see this north wall right when you enter the room so I wanted the art on it to be special.

jade-67
I love the St. John’s River Florida print and I framed it in a Highland Hardware kit. Above that I did the Fields of Blue Pacific Ocean from Minted.

Right next to my Dining Room are my stairs. I had some basic carpet on them and to be honest it made me kind of sad.  The carpet was gray and looked a little dingy. My entryway is really small and you see these stairs right when you walk in! I decided to re-carpet the stairs using a Karastan carpet.

41313_39006

I chose the Luxurious Edge in Silver Blue.  I’m kind of obsessed with it! The carpet is wool and is super durable. Its perfect for stairs.

jade-6
jade-3

This room is painted in All White by Farrow and Ball.

jade-58

A big thank you to all of our sponsors for this project!

17 Responses to One Room Challenge- The Reveal

1. Sarah Walker of The Curated House Wednesday, November 9, 2016 at 9:23 am #

Your children are beautiful, and the most meaningful reason to create a space with beauty and purpose. Bravo on a fabulous One Room Challenge, Kirsten! xx

2. Vel Wednesday, November 9, 2016 at 9:57 am #

I love the relaxed and welcoming feel of your Dining room! Definitely Family-friendly, welcoming and oh-so pretty! Congrats for another fabulous job!

3. Valerie Wednesday, November 9, 2016 at 10:02 am #

Love! Love! Love this!

4. Jessie Wednesday, November 9, 2016 at 10:27 am #

Love this fresh and beautiful space. Great job!

5. Sarah Jane Wednesday, November 9, 2016 at 10:51 am #

This is AMAZING!

6. Cassie Bustamante Wednesday, November 9, 2016 at 12:37 pm #

it’s beautiful! the colors are perfect and i love the shelving unit’s styling!

7. Anneke Wednesday, November 9, 2016 at 1:05 pm #

This is SO beautiful and serene! I’m sure many amazing memories will be made here!

8. Jana Bek Wednesday, November 9, 2016 at 4:16 pm #

Absolutely beautiful & having the most beautiful models to boot! I would work & play in this space all day, congrats on another gorgeous design & ORC!

9. Tee @ Beauteeful Living Wednesday, November 9, 2016 at 6:54 pm #

Such a beautiful transformation. This space looks so bright and inviting! Congratulations on completing this challenge and doing a great job at it!

10. sherry hart Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 4:32 am #

I love that this room can do double duty as a dining room and a place for your kids! As it should be because it’s kind of a waste to have a room only used a few times a year right:) Love the light fixture and the stripe rug! Great job!

11. Amanda Louise Interiors Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 9:07 am #

Such a beautiful space! That tea party is so fun! XO

12. Dirose Saturday, November 12, 2016 at 4:41 pm #

Just love it. The carpeting on your stairs is swesome! You kids are adorable!

13. Calling it Home Monday, November 14, 2016 at 6:28 am #

I love this dual purpose dining room. Each piece has a function and also looks beautiful. I miss the days of coloring books and tea parties. I am also dying over the architectural detailing of the walls. Lovely room for a beautiful family.

14. Traci Monday, November 14, 2016 at 11:30 am #

I love your makeover. There are so many this time that are not my style but yours is perfectly my style. Gorgeous!

15. Lexi Westergard Monday, December 5, 2016 at 6:46 pm #

I love how this room is a more formal while still being so inviting! Great job Kirsten every detail is perfect!!

16. Amy Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 2:08 pm #

I love this look. Where are the wire baskets from?