Using French Pleat Drapery

image via decorpad

If there is anything that can add instant sophistication and drama to a room it’s a pair of french pleat curtains or tailored pleat draperies.

In our Covey Residence we used a french pleat with a blue trim to add a touch of color. The room was somewhat formal so a french pleat made the most sense for this space.  French pleat curtains are pretty in nurseries, girl’s rooms and formal living spaces.  They have a soft feminine touch. The tailored pleat allows the curtains to hang evenly so you don’t get weird bunching or puckering where you shouldn’t.

In our office we wanted to bring in a softer touch so we went with The Shade Store’s Tailored Pleat Drapes. The only way to make a tailored set of curtains better is to layer it with a woven shade.  The texture mixed with the traditional panels create a winning combination.

The Shade store was wonderful to work with! They will customize your product to your space so you don’t have to search and search for the perfect dimensions.  The Shade Store also provides step-by-step measuring instructions. They also have a huge variety of fabrics to choose from. We chose the linen in white. When all else fails white will never fail you.  It’s such a classic choice.

Post sponsored by The Shade Store

, , , , , , ,

7 Responses to Using French Pleat Drapery

1. Kate George Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 3:24 pm #

Hello! Can you tell me where I can find the curtain rods included in your “tips?” Thanks!

• Kirsten Krason Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 10:14 am #

The curtain rods are actually from The Shade Store 🙂

2. Brooke Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 4:41 pm #

White linen drapes are always a great go to classic! I love the woven shades they add another layer that makes it look more sophisticated. I have never used the shade store, I will give them a try!

3. Theresa Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 5:26 pm #

Hi,
    Beautiful pictures. Do you have a source for the bamboo blinds? I couldn’t find them at the Shade store site. Thanks

• Kirsten Krason Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 10:35 am #

They are from Overstock

4. cat mario Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 7:07 pm #

I was working and suddenly I visits your site frequently and recommended it to me to read also. The writing style is superior and the content is relevant. Thanks for the insight you provide the readers!

5. Max Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 10:07 pm #