We are excited to share a project we’ve been working on now for almost a year!
Our clients have owned this home for 25+ years. Their jobs took them overseas for a few years so the home was kept as a rental. They recently decided to come back to Utah and make this their home again. They wanted to make their house more functional and update everything to get rid of the 80’s and 90’s designs throughout the home. With the help of Morley Homes we were able to design a beautiful home.
Through their travels overseas they started a collection of furniture, art, and accessories from all over the world that they wanted to incorporate these throughout the home. It’s like we have hit a gold mine in unique items to use in the designs!
We had to update the overall look of the home to really get rid of the outdated 90’s look everywhere. This included updating all of the finishes, especially in the bathrooms. The bathrooms were very outdated! We had to replace blue toilets and sinks with duck tile surround.
We replaced all of these with budget friendly tiles with small splurges where we thought was necessary
We saved money on the black granite counters and the master bath marble tile. We also decided to update the current fireplace inserts instead of completely replacing them.
Remodels always have their challenges because you are working with an existing space with existing problems. Our first challenge with this house was fixing the strange layout. On the main level, we updated the old kitchen layout, made the mudroom larger, and made the patio doors larger.
In the Master Bedroom, our main concern was updating and adding more light everywhere. To start we removed an outside upper deck that no one used and replaced the doors with windows. We then got rid of some walls to open up the floor plan. We had to widened doorways, squared off corners to make the rooms feel to date.
Once the layout was fixed we moved on to updating the finishes throughout the home. We added new built-ins, updated existing fireplaces, painted the walls, added new flooring, and so on. The bones of this house were great they all just needed a little TLC.
We dealt with some major challenges upstairs. When we started ripping out the previous fireplace we were surprised with extensive water damage in the walls. The master bedroom also had a huge 80’s stage so we had to take out the stage and put in new flooring. The tub was also a “tub shrine” with a huge surround that had steps!
The exterior of this house was very 90’s with a lot of light brown finishes. To make this house have the full make over the client wanted we had to update everything! We changed the finishes and painted the house white. We completely changed and fixed the landscaping. Overall we wanted this house to look like it was brand new not just a remodel. Thanks again to Morley Homes we were able to accomplish this.
We are installing next week so stay tuned for sneak peaks and the big reveal next month!