Alpine Remodel Exterior

The story of our Alpine Remodel would not be complete without sharing the stunning exterior transformation. We just had it photographed by the talented Jylare Smith and we are excited to share this finale with you!

After Morley Homes did such a great job on the inside we were more than happy to work with them on the exterior! This home started out looking like any typical eighties home.  We needed to take the arched windows, dated brick and overgrown landscaping and turn it into something new and fresh.  We knew the brick had to be painted but the question was what color?  We went back and forth between gray and white.  White was an easy choice but we were worried the home could feel stark.  In the end we felt white would be the most classic look and fit the scale of the home better than gray.

Here is a look at the before.

Nite Scapes landscaping came in and gave the yard new life. We ripped out old retaining walls and added new ones.  We swapped the awkward front courtyard for a beautiful bluestone walkway and steps.  One of the best additions to the home was new exterior lighting and doors. The new front door is painted in Benjamin Moore Onyx.

The “before” was boring and dated.

The garage side of the house got a new look with new garage doors, a new man door, hardi board and painted stucco. It feels much fresher now.

Thanks for following along with this home. It was such a fun project. Make sure you check out all the reveals from the Alpine Remodel.

photography by Jylare Smith Photography

9 Responses to Alpine Remodel Exterior

1. Kelby Tardi Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 4:19 am #

Love it! What color is the exterior paint? I’m looking to paint my yellowish brown brick as well but don’t want anything too stark white.

• Kirsten Krason Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 1:36 pm #

So glad you like it! The color is White Dove by Benjamin Moore.

2. Shell Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 9:59 am #

Absolutely stunning! And the setting couldn’t be more picturesque.
    Thanks for sharing : )

3. Kelly Mahan Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 6:50 am #

I love how the house is looking! So fresh and bright! What a great remodeling process =)

4. Jennifer Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 7:46 am #

Great transformation. Did a brick mason have to change the angled surround of the garage? I have the same angled brick feature.

• Kirsten Krason Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 3:47 pm #

Yes. We did have to change the way the garage was framed and coordinate the brick.

5. The Furnshop Friday, September 22, 2017 at 6:10 am #

It’s lovely. Thanks for sharing this post.

6. Paula Appleton Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 7:26 pm #

I just spent about an hour looking through your blog and website! Let me just say WOW! Erin and Kirsten, you two are talented! This Alpine remodel is just the tip of the iceberg! I came across your blog looking for product ideas for my toy storage website and found a wealth of other wonderful design ideas as well! I hope you don’t mind if I use some of your product suggestions! I have added you to my “visit often” bookmarks list! Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful work!

• Kirsten Krason Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 3:46 pm #

How sweet! We are so happy you enjoyed our blog.